Leadership (People Management)
Leadership is a broad topic and my work in this area is tailored to meet the needs of the client.
One of my favourite definitions of Leadership is the ‘art of inspiring others.’ Of course we can only inspire others when we know how to inspire ourselves!
One of the core themes of my leadership is training is that as leaders we have to take personal responsibility not just for our behaviours but for our attitude, our emotions, our communications and our responses.
Whilst every programme is unique, here are some areas that are frequently explored;
- The Manager/Team Leader as coach, student and teacher
- Different styles of Leadership – when and how to use them
- Self awareness and self management – the discipline of leadership
- Strategies for motivating yourself and others
- Coaching teams for maximum performance
- Structuring and chairing effective meetings
- Balancing the paradoxes of leadership
“How are my people better off because of me?”
I believe this question is at the heart of modern leadership. How would you answer it?