Effective Time Management means working (and indeed living), with a sense of control and proactivity. It is about knowing your priorities, organising yourself around your priorities and having the discipline to do what you should do when you should do it (even though you may not want to do it!)
My Time Management training not only arms you with practical tools and frameworks for enhancing your time management skills, it also shows you how to replace any limiting assumptions and bad habits you have in this area with more empowering ones.
Some of the areas typically covered during my Time Management courses include:
- Why time management is really self management and energy management
- Determining your core competencies, a benchmark for measuring your effectiveness
- Managing both important and urgent tasks
- Knowing your priorities and having the discipline to act on them
- How to say ‘no’ more effectively
- Over-coming procrastination and excessive people pleasing
- The keys to effective delegation – the art of achieving through others
- Why motivation is a combination of ‘motive’ and ‘action’
5 Quick Time Management Tips
- When it comes to time management, be ruthless with time, but always gracious with people.
- Put in time to save time. Spending ten minutes sorting out paperwork or planning the week ahead, is time well spent.
- Do big/ complex tasks first. Do the things that require maximum brain capacity or energy when you are at your best.
- Fix deadlines and timebox activities. Work will fill a vacuum. If you say you will do a task over an afternoon, it will take you the whole afternoon. Time box it to 90 minutes and you will be more focused and productive.
- Switch off the ‘ping’ and ‘flashing icon’ when you receive a new email. Research tells us that this one action will boost your productivity by over 10%!