Interview Skills Coaching
You are going for your first interview, you’ve not been to an interview in years, you’ve applied for your dream job, or you simply want to banish those interview nerves once and for all - then doesn't it make sense to get professional assistance so you can do yourself justice at your interview?
Interview Skills Coaching – Personalised Preparation
Your Interview Skills Coaching Session will be tailored to meet your specific requirements. However, over the years having helped hundreds of clients prepare for interview (and over 90% of my clients are offered the job!) two themes run through most coaching sessions. Empowering you to get into the right mindset for your interview and from this solid foundation we will then look at shaping your answers to probable questions.
For many people, managing those interview nerves is critical and I will teach you strategies so you are freed up to speak about your knowledge and expertise in a conversational and professional way.
Public or private sector, senior manager or first job, the guiding principle of interview preparation is the same – to be able to express yourself with clarity and confidence.
Thank you for all your advice James, the different techniques definitely helped me big time in the interview, finally got word that I got the job and start next week. Delighted.
The feedback was that I did a great interview and a very good role play. I actually enjoy it! I learned a lot about myself during the Interview Skills Coaching session, stuff I’ll put to good use in many aspects of my life.
I got the job! Thank you James. The interview skills coaching session was extremely helpful. The feedback was that I came across like a leader and presented myself in the correct manner and that was thanks to James.
The Interview Skills Coaching session gave me an amazing gift, the permission to just be myself. It was really powerful. Without all the clutter of insecurity and panic in my head, I could see everything really clearly.
I found James’ Interview Skills Book and coaching invaluable, easy to apply and follow in the interview. And I was offered the job.
What else is covered during your Interview Skills Coaching Session?
In addition to managing nerves, forging the right mindset and shaping your responses to key (and predictable) questions we will also explore the following key areas;
- As most interviews today are competency-based, we will work together so you not only identify the best examples to use to illustrate the required competencies, but also how to share your examples in the most impactful way.
- We’ll ensure you are communicating congruently by understanding the role of body language and how to make the right first impression.
- I don’t like the phrase ‘sell yourself’ but we do have to look at the PR side of interview preparation so you are consciously working on the experience you want the interviewers to have when they sit down with you.
- Together we should be able to predict 85% of the questions you will be asked so we can start to shape your responses to them. We also develop strategies for dealing with those unpredictable curveball questions.
Interview Skills Coaching – The logistics
- In advance of working with you, we will have a phone conversation to clarify your specific requirements.
- To help me prepare I’ll invite you to email me your CV or application as well as the role description. (These documents are treated in the strictest confidence and are deleted and shredded after we work together.)
- The standard Interview Skills Coaching Session is two-hours in duration and costs start from €295. (Most clients get what they need from a single session!) Sometimes, depending on requirements we may agree to work together for a three-hour session and costs for the longer session start at €395.
- I meet with clients at my offices located in The Crescent Building, Northwood, Santry (just off junction 4 of the M50.)
Start your Interview Preparation right now?
Ponder this question - What are your top five strengths?
Interviewers want to know your strengths and good interview preparation starts by you knowing your strengths.
You will always be asked the ‘strengths’ question in some format -
How will you add value in this role?
Why do you consider yourself to be a strong candidate?
What strengths do you feel you bring to the role?
Why should we hire you? (The blunt way of asking it!)
You answer these questions by referring to your top four or five strengths so it is useful to have thought about them in advance.
"Seeking to enhance your interview skills?” When you send me an enquiry, I’ll forward to you a link so you can download my popular ebook ‘How to Excel at Interviews,’ for free.